Which Rubbish Removal Process Is Best For You?
With plenty of rubbish removal options on the market, how can you choose which one is right for you? To make the decision that bit easier, we have devised a list of popular rubbish removal practices and their advantages and disadvantages to help you understand which process best fits your specific needs.
List It Online
One way to get rid of your old junk is to list it online for sale. This can be done on online marketplaces such as Facebook, Gumtree, Ebay or Shpock.
- It can take a long time to list, sell and deliver your old belongings online, so this is not a quick fix to rubbish removal.
- It can be stressful selling items online, since you will often receive messages and offers throughout the listing, all of which need to be responded to. You might also find that you get let down whilst selling online, since some buyers are more reliable than ever.
- Not all of your rubbish and waste can be sold online, since your waste may be of little use to others.
- You can potentially make money rather than lose money on your old waste, so it is a win win situation!
- Reselling your old goods prevents them from ending up in a landfill and contributing to pollution, making this an eco-friendly option.
Hire A Rubbish Removal Company
You could hire a rubbish removal company who will send professionals to your property to provide a comprehensive waste clearance and disposal service.
- Hiring a rubbish removal company to collect, clear and dispose of your waste comes with a cost attached.
- You can rest assured that your waste is going to be managed and disposed of responsibly and legally if you choose the right company.
- Waste removal companies often have a strong commitment to protecting the environment, so more often than not, your waste will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly fashion.
- Rubbish removal companies often offer a very flexible service and very prompt appointments, with some pledging to remove your rubbish the very same day as you book!
- Rubbish removal companies often accept and clear any category of waste, meaning it can all be done in one go and simplify the process of rubbish removal.
Donate To A Charity Shop
There are plenty of charity shops that are willing to accept certain pieces of your junk to resell. These often include British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research, Mind and Age UK and many more local charities.
- Some charity shops are selective about what they do and don’t accept, which means you may not be able to get rid of all of your waste via a charity shop donation.
- It is very difficult to have larger and bulkier items donated to charity shops unless they send vans to collect these, which can be a time consuming process.
- By donating your waste to charity you are giving away your junk for a good cause and helping people.
- Donating to a charity shop is free of charge.
Contact Your Council
In some local areas, it is possible to contact your local council and request a collection of your more bulky waste for a small charge.
- There is no certainty that the council will accept your waste, especially since they only tend to accept large and bulky items, not smaller waste.
- There is still a fee attached to council collection of waste.
- There is often a long wait to have your waste collected by the local council.
- If the local council collects your waste, it may work out cheaper than hiring a skip or a waste removal company.
Take It To The Tip
You can always take your waste to a tip, or local recycling centre to get rid of it.
- Without the right manpower and vehicle, taking all of your waste to the tip to be disposed of can be a very tedious and time consuming process, with plenty of runs.
- Taking your waste to the tip without appropriately recycling it can result in it ending up in a landfill unnecessarily.
- There may be local limits on what you can take to the tip within a given time period.
- Most tip entry is free of charge, with some exceptions.